What is the 2019 Honda Ridgeline Towing Capacity?
The 2019 Honda Ridgeline might be built on the same platform as the Honda Pilot, but it’s a pickup truck, through and through. So, how much can the Ridgeline tow? It depends on your drivetrain:
- A Honda Ridgeline with front-wheel drive can tow up to 3,500 pounds. This setup is standard across most of the lineup.
- With available all-wheel drive, you’ll reach the maximum Honda Ridgeline towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
With so much power, you’ll have no trouble finding fun things to do near Escondido this summer.
What Can You Tow with the Honda Ridgeline?
You’ve seen the Honda Ridgeline towing capacity, but what do these numbers actually mean in practice? Will you be satisfied with the capacities of this celebrated compact pickup truck? Here’s what you should consider:
- With the 3,500-pound Ridgeline capacity, you’ll be able to handle a small pop-up trailer, a small aluminum fishing boat, multiple ATVs, or a trailer with waterskis!
- With 5,000 pounds of towing capacity, you’ll be able to choose from a much wider list of towable campers and cargo trailers. You can also haul larger outboard boats, but you’ll need to move up a class if you want to want to tow a full-size sailboat.
Which Honda Ridgeline Trim Levels Offer All-Wheel Drive?
The 2019 Honda Ridgeline comes standard with front-wheel drive, but what if you want to enjoy fewer limits? If you’re looking to maximize the Honda Ridgeline towing capacity, keep these tips in mind:
- The baseline RT trim level is only available with FWD. So, you’ll need to upgrade your trim to reach the higher towing capacity.
- The Sport, RTL, and RTL-T trim levels all come standard with FWD, but each also offers AWD as an option. The upgrade is priced at $1,900 on top of the base cost.
- If you choose the RTL-E or Black Edition trim levels, you’ll receive AWD as a standard feature. This means that these trims can always tow up to 5,000 pounds.
Every Honda Ridgeline includes an integrated Class III Trailer Hitch. This is a “mid-weight” connector that works well with both light loads and heavier jobs alike.
Interested in other models? Find out which Honda vehicles have available all-wheel drive.
Test Out the Honda Ridgeline Performance in Person!
Are you ready to experience the power of the Honda Ridgeline for yourself? Although we can’t hook up a trailer and show you the Honda Ridgeline towing capacity during your test drive, you’ll have a better understanding of its capacities with just a few moments spent behind the wheel.
Find a new Honda Ridgeline for sale at our Escondido dealership today.
More About Honda Model Features
The 2019 Honda Ridgeline might be built on the same platform as the Honda Pilot, but it’s a pickup truck, through and through. So, how much can the Ridgeline tow? It depends on your drivetrain: A Honda Ridgeline with front-wheel drive can tow up to 3,500 pounds. This setup is standard across most of the…
The 2020 Honda Pilot will impress San Marcos drivers from all walks of life with its five trim levels—the LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, Elite, and Black Edition. As you move from the base trim to the top-of-the-line model, you’ll enjoy access to more upscale exterior and interior features. With its powerful V6 engine, advanced safety suite,…
If you are shopping for a capable compact SUV, the Honda CR-V is worth a double take. San Marcos families can find the features they are looking for among the 2019 Honda CR-V configurations. Enjoy two engines options, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and a 1,500-pound towing capacity on the Honda CR-V, along with the unique…
Looking for a car you can customize to fit your personality? With more than 9 different color options, the 2019 Honda Accord offers a color to match your mood and style. Go for a splash of color with a blue or red, or stick with classic whites. You can even deepen things up with a…
The 2019 Honda Civic is here, and offers a variety of exciting trims to choose from. Honda not only offers drivers various styles when it comes to the interior of their vehicles, but also presents many exterior color options and the Civic is no exception. Let’s break down the lineup of one of the most…