What is the 2020 Honda CR-V Towing Capacity?
The 2020 Honda CR-V is known for being practical, efficient, and spacious, but how much can a Honda CR-V tow? When properly equipped, the Honda CR-V towing capacity reaches up to 1,500 pounds. That’s more than enough to tow a jet ski, an ATV, a small fishing boat, or a small teardrop camper on the roads near Escondido and San Marcos.
2020 Honda CR-V Towing Features
If you want to make the most of the Honda CR-V towing capacity, you should keep in mind that this SUV has been designed with a host of useful technologies, designed to provide a safer experience with or without a trailer. Take a look at some of the standout features and options below:
- The Honda CR-V Towing Package includes a receiver-style Honda CR-V tow hitch, along with as a drawbar, a clip, and a hitch harness.
- Real-Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ is an available option across the entire current CR-V lineup. Torque is automatically redistributed to the wheels where it’s needed most, in order to ensure a more secure drive.
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control is included on all CR-V models as standard. This feature is designed to provide superior control while cornering or traveling on slippery roads.
- Brake Assist technology recognizes when you’re at risk of colliding with an obstacle in your path. When you press down on the brakes, it automatically applies their full force to slow you down more quickly.
- Many of the Carlsbad area’s most adventurous drivers know that it can be a little nerve-wracking to start a vehicle on a steep incline! Hill Start Assist holds your vehicle in place while you move your foot from the brake to the gas.
If you plan on spending a lot of time towing heavy cargo, talk to an expert on our service team to find out if you’ll need to make adjustments to the CR-V maintenance schedule.
2020 Honda CR-V Cargo Space
Of course, in the vast majority of cases, you’re going to be using your Honda CR-V cargo space to manage the items you need to transport through the Vista region. And, you can easily take advantage of the split-folding rear seats to make more room when you need it:
- 75.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the first row
- 39.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row
Wondering if you can carry heavy cargo? As long as it fits in your cargo bay, and it doesn’t exceed the maximum Honda CR-V payload capacity of 1,106 pounds, you’re good to go!
Your New Honda CR-V Awaits at Honda of Escondido
Although we won’t be able to hook up a trailer on your test drive, we know you’ll love how you feel when you’re behind the wheel of a new CR-V. If you’re ready to take the next steps today, get in touch or find out how to shop and buy online! Otherwise, continue your research by comparing the Honda CR-V vs. Subaru Outback or discovering the CR-V gas mileage for additional insight.