Honda Sensing vs. Toyota Safety Sense: Which is Better?
San Marcos drivers know that Toyota and Honda have a competitive history and legacy for reliability and safety. For the last several model years, both brands have been adding a large selection of both standard and available active safety features to their vehicles to bring the latest technology to drivers at an accessible price.
Car shoppers in Vista can take a look at both Honda Sensing® and Toyota Safety Sense™ below to decide which safety suite you would want in your vehicle. From the Accord safety features to that of the Civic, there’s plenty to learn about.
Honda Sensing® vs. Toyota Safety Sense™ Features
Both the Honda Sensing® suite and Toyota Safety Sense™ suites offer helpful driver-assist features and technology such as:
- Adaptive Cruise Control – Subtly adjusts speed to maintain a safe following distance from the vehicle in front of you while in cruise control to you don’t have to keep fiddling with the controls during Carlsbad excursions.
- Forward Collision Warning – Sensing an imminent collision, the system will warn you and assist in braking the vehicle in an attempt to reduce the impact of the collision.
- Lane Departure Warning – Detects road boundaries and alerts you if you are about to drift off the road.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights – Based on several different external factors, this system automatically transitions between high beams and low-beam headlights as necessary.
What Honda Sensing® Offers that Toyota Safety Sense™ Does Not
Honda Sensing® goes several steps further than Toyota Safety Sense™ with these additional features:
- Lane Keeping Assist System – Detects lane markings uses subtle steering adjustments recenter your vehicle if it is drifting.
- Honda LaneWatch™ – When your right turn signal is activated, this system displays live video of the right side of your vehicle so you can better assess if it is safe to change lanes.
- Cross Traffic Monitor – If there is a vehicle approaching from either side when your car is in reverse, the Cross Traffic Monitor will alert you.
- Blind Spot Information System – If you activate your turning signal and a vehicle is detected on the corresponding side, a warning noise is emitted to alert you.
2018 Honda Models with Standard Honda Sensing®
Coupes, Hatchbacks, Plug-ins, Sedans, and Subcompacts
- 2018 Honda Accord – Standard on all models
- 2018 Honda Civic Coupe – Standard on Touring
- 2018 Civic Hatchback – Standard on Sport Touring
- 2018 Civic Sedan – Standard on Touring
- 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid – Standard on all models
- 2018 Fit – Standard on EX and EX-L
Crossovers, Pickups, SUVs, and Vans
- 2018 CR-V – Standard on EX, EX-L, and Touring
- 2018 Odyssey – Standard on EX, EX-L, Touring and Elite
- 2018 Pilot – Standard on Touring and Elite
- 2018 Ridgeline – Standard on RTL-E and Black Edition
You have the opportunity to upgrade to Honda Sensing® on additional models and trims, and with accessible starting prices on all Honda models it is easy to get the safety features you deserve. Carlsbad drivers can also find Honda offers on used or certified pre-owned models with Honda Sensing®.
To learn more about Honda Sensing® vs. Toyota Safety Sense™, or more about Honda Sensing® features like the Collision Mitigation Braking System™, schedule a test drive of a Honda Sensing®-equipped vehicle, contact Honda of Escondido today!
Recent News from Honda of Escondido
The 2020 Honda Pilot will impress San Marcos drivers from all walks of life with its five trim levels—the LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, Elite, and Black Edition. As you move from the base trim to the top-of-the-line model, you’ll enjoy access to more upscale exterior and interior features. With its powerful V6 engine, advanced safety suite,…
If you are shopping for a capable compact SUV, the Honda CR-V is worth a double take. San Marcos families can find the features they are looking for among the 2019 Honda CR-V configurations. Enjoy two engines options, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and a 1,500-pound towing capacity on the Honda CR-V, along with the unique…
Looking for a car you can customize to fit your personality? With more than 9 different color options, the 2019 Honda Accord offers a color to match your mood and style. Go for a splash of color with a blue or red, or stick with classic whites. You can even deepen things up with a…