Honda Warning Lights
Have you ever been driving around San Marcos when one or several Honda warning lights appear on your dashboard? Discover what different Honda warning lights mean and what you should do when they appear with some help from Honda of Escondido.
Common Honda Warning Lights
Some common Honda warning lights that you may see include:
- Low oil pressure, which means it may be time for an oil change.
- Tire pressure, which means you may need to fill up your tires with air or get them checked for damage.
- Check engine, which activates when your engine needs to be inspected for issues.
- Charging system, which alerts you to potential problems with your battery.
- Headlight indicators, which covers a variety of lights from fog lights to automatic high beams to let you know whether you’ve turned them on.
- Electric power steering, which points to a problem with this system and means a need to stop the car and restart your vehicle.
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), which suggests that your brakes will continue to function but without anti-lock functionality.
- Seatbelt reminder, which alerts you to passengers in your car who have not fastened their seatbelts.
- Door open light, which ensures that you don’t drive when doors aren’t closed.
- Low fuel, which keeps you apprised of your gas levels and turns on when more fuel is needed.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: A light will appear when this system is activated to help keep you in your lain, or if there is an issue with the system.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: When this system is employed, you’ll see an indicator on the dashboard. It will display in a different color if there is a problem.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System: A light will let you know if this system is on or off.
- Parking Sensors: Visual alerts will let you know if you’re getting too close to another car or object as you park.
Learn More with Honda of Escondido
To learn more about Honda warning lights and Honda’s commitment to safety, get in touch with Honda of Escondido. Our team is happy to help you out with everything from replacing your battery to unlocking your Honda Civic Radio after the new battery is in.